NOTICE: I don't live here anymore!


Please visit me at http://www.beautifulcalling.ca/

Thanks to April, I have a fabulous new look and a big thank you to Flibby Pie transitioned me to Wordpress!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

TUNE-UP TUESDAY - EAT MY MEALS

A google search of the word "Tune-Up" revealed the following definition:
An Adjustment for Better Functioning
A search for the definition of 'Adjustment' revealed the following:
A Small Change, A Minor Correction, A Modification
More on Tune-Up Tuesday
here.

This week my focus will be on Food!
That area of my life needs a tune-up badly and let me share with you why:
I had a bouncing baby boy 6 months ago and lost 75% of my baby weight within the first 6-8 weeks...since then I have (eek!) stayed the same. I still have that 25% to lose. On top of that, many times I get busy doing this or that (anyone with little people can understand that!) and while the children always get their properly balanced meals, I don't always sit to eat myself. Next thing you know, it's evening and we're eating dinner - the first proper meal I've eaten all day. I do eat during the day but many times it is snack foods as opposed to real meals. I don't know if it is just me or if there are others out there who can relate but I know that this needs to change. Part of the tune-up challenge is that it is a small modification - a baby step.
*
There are many elements I need to deal with in this area but for this week I am setting an attainable goal: simply to ensure I sit down and eat something healthy for breakfast and lunch.
*
I think food - too much, too little, not the right type - is a struggle for many people and a lot of it comes down to self-control and self-discipline in this area. I, personally, need to exercise self-control when it comes to snacks and self-discipline & time managment to ensure that I sit and eat a meal to avoid reaching for snacks. By making a determination to do (or not to do) something and making that determination public; you are making yourself accountable to follow through. I am looking forward to seeing what the scale says after my week of "tuning up"!

*************************

What 'Tune-Up' are you working on this week? Do you have a successful "Tune-Up" accomplishment to share? Leave a comment or add a direct link to your blog post below to encourage and inspire others. Don't underestimate the power of accountability!

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog. I'm with you on baby weight! That will be my focus this week too.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by April Showers for Beautiful Calling