NOTICE: I don't live here anymore!


Please visit me at http://www.beautifulcalling.ca/

Thanks to April, I have a fabulous new look and a big thank you to Flibby Pie transitioned me to Wordpress!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

For the Glory of God - Part 1


Why are we here?

Revelation 4:11 reminds us that He made us for his pleasure. Our lives need to bring glory and honour to him! Ecclesiastes 12:13 reminds us that our WHOLE duty is to love and obey God. Whole; with our entire life and not just something we do on Sundays or when it is convenient.
Since he created us all different we will each bring him honour and glory in different ways. At this season of my life, God has placed me in our home as a wife and a mother. He planted me here in my family, in this important position, because it was a position that he had created and designed me to fill.

Regardless of what he has called you to do today, it is what HE has called you to do and therefore it is your Beautiful Calling! Doing the everday "mundane" things with the right attitude is pleasing to him and brings him glory. 1 Corinthians 10:31 tells us to do all to His glory. It doesn't say the big things or the things others can see...it says all things. Colossians 3:17 takes us a step further and tells us in word or deed we are to do all things with thanks.

When we bath our babies, feed our toddlers, clean our homes, do the ironing and greet our husbands today let us do it with an attitude of thanks - that we have our homes, our babies, our husbands to care for. Let us do it heartily; to the best of our ability as we do it for the Lord (Colossians 3:23).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by April Showers for Beautiful Calling