NOTICE: I don't live here anymore!


Please visit me at http://www.beautifulcalling.ca/

Thanks to April, I have a fabulous new look and a big thank you to Flibby Pie transitioned me to Wordpress!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

TUT: Contentment and Timing

TUT

I love ‘self-help’ books. I have a vast collection of books, mostly by Christian authors, which were written to help me be a better Christian woman, a better wife, a more loving mother, more organized as a home-maker…the list goes on. Elizabeth George is one of my favorite authors! When I read these books, I am inspired, encouraged, motivated…and sometimes (*gasp*)…discontent!

Philippians 4:11

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

I’ve read Philippians 4:11 hundreds of times and heard it quoted several hundred times at least. I immediately associate it with contentment pertaining to material and financial state.

But, of course, this applies to our spiritual contentment as well. I Peter 1:15-16 calls us to be Holy as He is. Each day our goal should be to emulate Christ in our actions, thoughts and attitudes. When I look at where I want to be, every area of my life is grossly lacking, but God designed sanctification to be a process.

  1. He will finish what He started (Philippians 1:6) from the inside out.
  2. He will do it in His time (Ecclesiastes 3:11). Lasting change doesn’t happen overnight. It happens little by little and bit by bit.

As we willingly submit to Him, He will gently guide, direct and help us to change. We need to be content to let Him do it in His time.

Lord, help me not to compare myself to others or to where I think I should be. Help me to remember that short-comings are opportunities to look to Him for help and strength. Help me to trust in Your timing!

Do you have a tune-up you are working on or completed? Link up or share a comment!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came to visit from Homemaker Barbi and really enjoyed reading several of your posts, including this one. I am a grandma of 9+ and we are having fun this summer working on memorizing and putting into practice the Fruit of the Spirit. It's been as good for me as it has for my grandkids and we've had a lot of fun with it as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by April Showers for Beautiful Calling