What is Tune-Up Tuesday (TUT)?
A Google search of 'Tune Up' revealed the following definition:
An Adjustment for Better Functioning
A search of 'Adjustment' revealed the following:
A Small Change, A Minor Correction, A Modification
Based on those definitions, there are many things in our lives, our hearts, minds, bodies, schedules, attitudes and finances that could use a little tune-up. In order to become the Christ-like wives, mothers and women God has called us to be, we must continue to evaluate all areas of our lives and be willing to answer the call to come up higher.
Habakkuk 1:5 talks about the Lord doing a work in our days. While the context is talking about days as in “lifetime”, I was thinking today that if we allow Him, He wants to perform a work in each of our days individually and not just cumulatively.
Each week, or as often as you are able, I am challenging you to join me for TUT! Let's make it a day to focus on one small change that we can make to better ourselves, our homes and our testimonies for His Honor and Glory!!
What are the Changes to TUT?
- New Logo: Better reflects the main purpose – Heart Issues
- New Day: THURSDAYS!
- Action rather than Intent: In the past, the idea was to post about what tune-up you were going to work on for the upcoming week. I thought it may be more beneficial to post about the tune-up we worked on in the past week. But either one accomplishes the purpose; striving to become more Christ-like and bring Him glory in our lives so feel free to do whichever works best for you.
How do I Participate?
- Think and pray about an area that needs a tune-up in your life. The song He’s Still Working on Me springs to mind...anyway, pick an area that needs some work. Then think of one small step or change that you can make towards the larger goal.
- Focus on that this week and blog about your progress at some point. Whether it is a full post, or a status update in another post, share what God is helping you accomplish.
- Come back next Thursday to leave the link to your post in the Mr. Linky so we can all share! If you don’t blog – or don’t want to include it in any of your posts, just leave a comment.
- Note: It doesn’t need to be a Thursday post, you can include your tune-up in any post during the week. Pick a day that works for you, just don’t forget to come back and link up on Thursdays!
I’m working on a good one this week and hope that the results of it will bless my family and simplify my life! See you next Thursday.