Photo adapted from Zanastardust
I announced earlier that participating in the Set for a Sizzling Summer Series, Moms and Bums sent me a MonkeyDoodlez Swim Diaper to review. It seems appropriate to put up this giveaway since earlier today we talked about Dangerous Waters.
I can sum it up in four words for those of you who like to just scan reviews :)
The first thing that grabs your attention is their cute-ness factor. They have many different colors and animal themes happening and they are all so sweet it is hard to pick a favorite. I’m a sucker for cutie things!
These really work. John has tried them out in the bath and in the pool several times. The other day he had a good long swim, then sat in the swing eating pizza for quite a while. I took him out to get him dressed and without looking started to peel off his swim diaper. As soon as I started to take it off, a very large liquid mess came out. (Why didn’t I follow diaper rule number one and have a little peek before removing it?!?) Anyway, the point is that this little diaper doesn’t hold water but it holds…ummm…that. It’s been through the wash several times and each time comes out perfectly; no stains, fading etc.
John has pudgy legs but sort of a smaller waist. This fit him perfectly. The elastic around the leg holes and waist is covered with a soft material and is elastic-y enough to adjust to most babies sizes however is isn’t tight enough to be uncomfortable. The inside is a soft mesh and the outside is…well whatever it is made from is soft and non-irritating because my little man has sensitive skin and we had no issues whatsoever.
In the past, I have used little swimmers by Huggies. These worked fine for me except of course they are expensive when you’re using them almost daily through out the summer…and if you have more than one little one requiring them. They are also not too environmentally friendly either are they? I don’t know what they cost elsewhere but here they are about $9.99 for a package of 8 or is it 10? Either way they are about $1 a piece. Even reusing them, it would still cost me more to use disposables than it will to buy a pair of these to use all summer. Smart Shopper Alert: buy a gender neutral color and reuse for future littles….
Buy It Now:
Tanya of Moms and Bums has a fabulous online shop filled with goodies. one neat feature that she has added to her site is customer reviews for products. This means that you can read real life reviews of products before you buy them. It will help you decide which products are right for you. Right now she has a contest going on: write a review of a product you use that she carries and you’ll be entered to win a swim diaper. Enter there, enter here and head over and buy your swim diaper today!
Moms and Bums is generously sponsoring a giveaway. You can win one of these adorable swim diapers or if you have no need of one you, can choose a gift certificate instead.
- Main Entry: Choose your favorite swim diaper, come back and tell me what it is.
- Bonus: Subscribe to my blog
- Bonus: Blog about this giveaway
- Bonus: Purchase anything from their shop for an additional 3 entries!
- Reminder: I need an email address to contact you. Either your profile needs to be public with an address there or you need to leave it in the comments.
- Open to USA and Canadian friends. Ends July 10th, 2009
- Shameless plug warning (as Simple Mom says): Those of you who subscribe to my blog have probably already had your early bird entry and for those of you who don’t, you really should subscribe so that you don’t miss out on the early bird entries for the giveaways still coming up in Sizzling Summer.
- As with all reviews on this site: Though the author did receive and keep the review products, this review is in no other way compensated and the outcome of the review not influenced in any way.