These are the most scrumptious brownies ever! There really isn’t anything frugal about them but they are such a divine treat! It also makes for a lot of dishes since you need to use multiple bowls but I assure you it is worth it!!
- 1lb Butter
- 1lb Chocolate Chips
- 7oz Unsweetened (or bittersweet) chocolate
- 6 Eggs
- 1 1/2 TBSP Vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups of Sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 TBSP Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 1/2 Cups of chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Butter and flour mini loaf pans. I usually add a small square of parchment paper on the bottom to make sure they come out easily.
- Melt together the butter and all but a handful of the chocolate chips along with the chocolate in a medium bowl over simmering water. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate larger bowl stir the eggs, sugar and vanilla together. Slowly stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, sift together 1 cup of flour with the baking powder and your salt. Add it to the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Toss the 1/4 cup remaining flour, the remaining chocolate chips and your walnuts together and then add them into the batter.
- Pour into your mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then rap them against the oven shelf to force out any are. It will ‘fall’ a bit but that is OK! Bake for another 10+/- minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Check them frequently since oven temperatures vary and you do not want to over-bake these!
- Allow to cool and then refrigerate. The come out of the pan much better this way. I usually keep one or two loafs to eat and the remainder are wrapped and put into the freezer. These freeze really well, and if done in a mini loaf pan, thaw and slice quickly.
- Make them Extra Special: They are also great with a thin layer of basic butter cream icing on them though it isn’t really necessary.