Quite some time ago my friend and super-star Epicure consultant, Carmen Locke, provided A Healthier You kit for review. I am excited to share it with you. Let’s make 2010 a great year and take a step in the right direction; one of healthy eating!
- Do you want to be healthier? Feel better?
- Are you looking for easy, healthy, creative and delicious meals?
- Do you want to make healthful lifestyle changes?
- Do you need help getting organized without spending loads of time doing it?
Then A Healthier You kit is definitely something you should check out! “A Healthier You is not a diet regimen – diets only lead to stress and guilt, not a healthier you!” It is a change of lifestyle!
A Healthier You comes perfectly packaged in a decorative box containing everything you need for success:
- A sturdy binder to hold all key information
- A comprehensive welcome guide which covers meal planning, good health guidelines, tips for success, discussions on food choices, healthy snacking tips, sample weekly menu plan, tips for your tots along with information on calculating how much you need to eat to meet your dietary needs, discover your perfect weight and setting/tracing goals and progress.
- A complete recipe package containing breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert recipes along with complete nutritional information including calories, fat, etc along with a breakdown of the number of servings per food group. It really is neat!
- A work book package which has a short quiz to help you determine where you are, a complete outline of the program including a daily and once a week to-do list to guide you on your way. It talks about rewarding your successes and stages within the program. There is a big emphasis on balance. It talks about hunger and health, portion size, reading labels, food safety and food storage.
- A SMART goal work page helps you focus: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Relevant, Timely.
- A daily intake and activity tracker is designed to help you easily track your progress. The focus isn’t on points or calories but on eating from each of the food groups in proper portion sizes. It also includes a tracker for children and teens so the whole family can be involved.
- A small dining out card that contains suggestions and reminders for keeping on track while eating out.
- A Weekly Planner and a Grocery List, both on tear off pads mounted on a sturdy backing. Clear and easy to use.
- A perfect portions plate and a pedometer
What I love most about this program is that the focus is on health and that weight loss can be a byproduct of healthful eating but that it isn’t the main focus. I have been focusing on the healthy eating, following the food groups, portion-size as well as identifying hunger and while I don’t want to share exact numbers with you, I will say there is 5% less of me right now that there was before! Whooo Hoo. In the nature of full disclosure I also follow weight watchers so I can’t attribute the entire weight loss to this program however they work really well hand in hand. The perfect portions plate actually lines up beautifully with the points system portions as well. Looking for new recipes? Try their recipe finder!
Another great feature? While all the recipes do call for Epicure ingredients, there is a simple substitution chart so you can make it regardless of what Epicure ingredients you are missing! Though I love epicure dips, mini loaf pans, and their chocolate chips, I don’t have many of the ingredients that the recipes call for but everything turned out just great.
If you are interested in purchasing this kit, it retails for $49.99 and can be purchased online here through Carmen Locke and shipped ANYWHERE in Canada! A great step in the right direction for 2010! It would also make a lovely gift! While you’re there, be sure to check out their fabulous selection of easy dips. Did you know you can make them with fat free or low fat sour cream, mayo or philly?
Carmen attended an Epicure party a few years ago, fell in love with the product and soared to new heights because of her passion. She will be featured in the Winter 2010 Epicure catalogue. She is completely knowledgeable and would be delighted to help you discover Epicure for yourself! carmen.locke[at]xplornet[dot]ca
I would also like to let you know that in the new year, I myself will be joining the Epicure team! Their products are really that good!