So this week is certainly not as busy and I am not as embarrassed to share our plan as I was last week!
- Chloe is back on to bacon but still not eggs. This week we will have: Corn Pops, Rice Krispies or Fruity Cheerios along with bacon. My husband said this morning that it was the breakfast of champions!
- We still have a few home-made melon Popsicles
- We have some grapes, strawberries and melon that need to be eaten today or tomorrow. Only enough for 1 or two snacks though.
- We have apples and oranges from the store this week
- And of course staples like gherkin pickles, cheese and goldfish crackers. The girls go crazy for those little pickles!
- Since we have a pretty good dinner menu planned, we should have plenty of leftovers for lunches.
- We will also use the meat slicer and slice up the BBQ turkey for sandwiches.
- I am also going to make up a pizza dough tonight and have it sit in the fridge because one of these days my friend Mary and her boys are dropping in for lunch. I thought the kids would like a nice pizza! I had originally planned to pop into the grocery store and pick up a frozen one but since my husband reads my blog I thought I had better not! For those of you who may not know him, he is even more "do-it-yourself" than me!! Very few frozen or canned foods in our house.
- Monday: BBQ Chicken Breast with mashed potatoes and cauliflower (left over from last week)
- Tuesday: Sicilian Pot Roast (using Mario Batali's Ossa Bucco recipe!) with beans, corn, carrot atop pasta. Needs to be ready early as Scott has Choir Practice tonight!
- Wednesday: Shepherds Pie. Church night - something simple! We have quite a few potatoes that are sprouting so I want to get them used up this week. My poor husband - he'll be potatoed out! I love potatoes so I'm just fine with it!
- Thursday: Roast Chicken with Roasted Potatoes, Roasted Brussel Sprouts (so yummy!!!) and a salad (which will not be roasted). We purchased several whole chickens on special. After this meal, we will take any left over chicken off the bone for a nice stew and I will use the bones for stock!
- Friday: Pork Loin, Rice and Vegetable Medley (a.k.a. use up whatever veggies are left in the fridge!)
- Weekends: I don't actually plan meals for the weekend. Since my husband loves to cook and create, this is his opportunity to come up with culinary masterpieces. A few weekends ago he made the most divine home-made ice cream!! He's not a dedicated poster but be sure to check out his blog http://www.ebabble.net/ for interesting food experiences!
Join in on Menu-Plan Monday. Do a post on your blog and link to here. Don't have a blog? Just leave a comment!