This week I did it backwards. Friday came and with that, grocery shopping. I hadn't really looked to see what we needed and I hadn't planned a menu. We went anyway. This weekend Chloe had to have her cereal with chocolate milk because we were out of white milk. Thankfully, the meals came together with what I purchased but this week was a real example f why I need to PLAN before I go! Duh!! Today I have to go out now because we need milk.
- Eggs & bacon (daddy made more bacon!), honey comb or corn pops.
- Mommy eats toast and OJ every morning.
- Chloe hasn't been eating her meals well so her snacking will be limited and small to help her eat her meals better.
- We have apples, oranges and bananas as well as green grapes and baby cucumbers (mmm, love baby cucumbers!)
- And of course staples like gherkin pickles, cheese and goldfish crackers and raisins. The girls go crazy for those little pickles!
In cleaning out our overstuffed freezer - I found some Pickerel (it's a fish for those who don't know). Scott isn't crazy about fish but I really enjoy it. We were supposed to eat it last week ad didn't! (again!)
- We also have quite a bit of home-made corned beef so we'll have that with potatoes one day.
When all else fails, we always have a good stock of Kraft Dinner. It's the one prepackaged food that Scott has OK'd :) The girls love pasta so this is always a hit!
- Monday: Corned Beef Hash made with potatoes and corn. We have errands to run today!
- Tuesday: BBQ Chicken Breasts, Asparagus and Rice. Bake Cupcake Order. Hope to get the front lawn raked and seeded today.
- Wednesday: Baked Whole Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Fried Butter Zucchini. Today we deliver the Cupcake order and visit the Library
- Thursday: BBQ Pork Chops with apple sauce, Cauliflower and tinfoil potatoes & onions. Today we're baking treats for daddy. I'll post some great recipes later with pictures of our success.
- Friday and the Weekend: Scott's office is involved in a big move and since he is the I.T. guy, he's very involved in getting everyone's computer back up and running quickly. He will be involved in that starting Friday and the poor man will get VERY limited sleep. Because of that, I plan to do some extra baking as treats for him and that when he is able to come home for a bit of a rest, I will take our little ones and head over to my parents or grandparents so he an sleep better. We will eat there or out. It's a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of weekend with no menu planned!
Join in on Menu-Plan Monday. Do a post on your blog and link to here. Don't have a blog? Just leave a comment!