NOTICE: I don't live here anymore!


Please visit me at http://www.beautifulcalling.ca/

Thanks to April, I have a fabulous new look and a big thank you to Flibby Pie transitioned me to Wordpress!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

It’s My Birthday: 31 Things About Me!

So this is one of the only wedding photos that I have in digital format; horrible isn’t it? At least I am smiling! We uploaded them to a site during our 3 week long wedding/honeymoon. The site we uploaded most of the photos to doesn’t give you access to the photos except to print through them. Ugh! If you view the full album there are quite a few more pics if you are interested.

 

I turned 31 on January 8th. I’m Ok with that. Last year I wasn’t Ok at all when I turned 30. DH is older than I am and I have never thought of him as old. I have many friends older than I and I have never thought of them as old either. 30+ isn’t old for others; it just seems old for me! I don’t feel 30. I thought I would feel more grown up by the time I was 30 but you know, I still feel the same as I did at 23.

 

With that being said, we’ll celebrate my 31st birthday with 31 things about me. (and I am sorry but for some reason, numbering or bullets do not show up on my site right now which means it is hard to read. I’m working on it!)

 

I love chocolate. Actually, it’s more than that. I’m a chocoholic! Maybe it’s a problem but hey, there are worse things in life right?

 

I’m not a morning person. Never have been. I am now a morning person but not by choice. The good Lord in His infinite wisdom (and with a sense of humor?) blessed me with a sweet little girl who is most definitely the happiest person alive in the morning! The early morning!

 

I was born in a very small town in Northern Ontario. It could be –40 and we were fine with that and, dressed appropriately, we headed outside. I loved it. Ice-fishing, ski-doing, skiing and more!

 

I now live in Southern Ontario and when it dips below 0, I’m freezing and have a tendency to hibernate in my house LOL.

 

I got my motorcycle license before my drivers license.

 

Most of my growing up friends were my guy pals.

 

I have one sister and one brother. My sister lives in the same city, my brother lives in Africa. Sorry, senior moment?!? He lives in Australia with his Australian wife and daughter. My mother-in-law lives in Africa though. We’re going to visit her this spring but that is another story!

 

The meat I grew up eating was whatever dad shot or caught (fish, partridge, moose) interspersed with ground beef and the occasional chicken.

 

I don’t remember how little I was when I first shot a gun but I was little. At 12, I got my hunting license. I own a couple of guns which are collecting dust since we moved south and I became a very busy mother of littles.

 

DH and I took archery lessons with my dad three years ago. Our bows are also collecting dust until life settles a little bit.

DH and I took ballroom dancing classes too!

 

DH and I were engaged in 2004, married in 2005 and also built our first home, miscarried our first baby in 2006, birthed our daughter in 2007 and our son in 2008. (I need to blog a little about these things huh?) Three years ago today, I woke up in labor. I thought for sure I’d have a baby for my birthday. Alas, Chloe wanted her own day. Tomorrow is CHLOE’S Birthday!

 

DH and I both worked in the same office. I had seen him around but I wasn’t interested in my DH at all. My friend Carm, who was friends with him, insisted that we go to the Office Christmas party together. I figured why not…and the rest we’ll save for a blog post :)

 

I hate spiders….I really hate spiders. I also dislike bananas, milk (on it’s own), tomatoes and melon. I like liver, brussel sprouts and almost all veggies.

 

I am terrible at public speaking; it doesn’t matter the size of the group, if I have to stand up in front and speak while everyone listens, I am nervous as anything. But I was a cheerleader in high school. Go figure!

 

I loved accounting in high school and almost failed gym class.

 

I dropped out of high school.

 

Four years later I went back to school via correspondence and graduated. I then started college courses but didn’t pursue them further after becoming a mother.

 

I’m currently on weight watchers to finish losing the baby weight I gained (and my baby is 17 months!)

 

I have birthed both our littles at home and hope to have the privilege of birthing a third one at home :)

 

I had a cleaning lady until December 2008 when she retired. Due to finances and our decision for me to stay home, we didn’t replace her. Since then I have discovered that I actually like washing my floor. I love the feeling of accomplishment I have when it is sparkling clean (for about 5 minutes).

 

I had never ironed a thing (successfully) before 2009, when I started ironing for DH as a birthday gift.

 

I had dogs, cats, ponies, hamsters, fish and birds growing up. We also briefly had a duck that we found and kept in the garage in a swimming pool one afternoon until dad came home. That was the end of our pet duck. (Turns out he belonged to someone a road over. *sniff, sniff* )

 

I love cloth diapers. Oh, not the washing of them so much but I do like to browse through online diaper shops, see the latest diapers, and ‘ahh’ at all the pretty colors. I also think that fluffy ‘diaper bums” are adorable! And though my first attempt with Chloe was a flop, cloth diapering with John is a breeze!

 

I love pink; so bright, happy and cheerful. As a child, I hated pink and would never wear it.

 

I am kind of an optimist, I always expect the best outcome (which is sometimes a problem!) and I am happiest when others are happy too.

 

I love to read. I have never read my bible through entirely. You can see my reading goals for 2010 here.

 

Reitman's is my favorite clothing store. I only own 2 pair of jeans (in 2 different sizes) and mostly wear skirts every day. If you want to buy me a present for my birthday, almost anything from there is sure to be a hit!

 

My husband claims I hog the bed and *gasp* he claims that sometimes I snore. I think he’s exaggerating. He also says that I should add “chatty” to my list. Is being chatty a good thing or a bad thing?

 

I have always disliked my hair. Oh, I’ve had it done at the salon and love the results but when I get home, I’m never happy. I guess I am looking for the elusive, “wake up, shake my head and everything falls perfectly into place.”

 

I never wanted to blog! I am married to the most wonderful man. I didn’t want to blog and was frightened of the whole thing. He encouraged me to do it anyway and said it would be a perfect fit for me. Now I am hooked.

 

______________________________________________________

So did you make it through my whole long list? I’m flattered if you made it half way through!

 

 I have a birthday request: if you’re a regular around here, please leave a comment with your website if you have one and something about yourself. I’d love to come visit you too!

15 comments:

  1. I made it through all the way! I just recently found and subscribed to your blog. You can find me at http://web.me.com/fbremer/Family_Photos/Blogaholic/Blogaholic.html, but I wish my blog could be way better. Just too many things higher priority than blogging for me, but I love reading yours! I too am a chocaholic (trying to cut back), and forced into morning-person-ness by chidren. I also am pretty shy but was a cheerleader in high school. Yah, nobody ever gets that from me either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I always read your blog. I love it! I enjoyed your list and I didn't know half of those things about you! Happy Birthday!!!
    Oh, I also hope you have a third child!! You make the cutest, sweetest kids.
    http://rae-and-johnny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, and yes, I enjoyed the entire list!

    I spent the first 43 years of my life in the Chicago suburbs, but the last 10 in rural Manitoba where cold means cold. Happy to say I'm a Canadian citizen now, love Tim's coffee and I do say "eh?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!! :D I'm a chocoholic, too! LOVE IT!! :D Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart you! Happy birthday, Jenn! I'm so happy that we are bloggy buds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to you! I live in a small town in Northwest Ontario (Dryden), just moved here a year ago. We used to live in Southern Ontario (Hamilton).

    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list! I turn 34 on Sunday and wonder if I should make a list of my own. I too am a chocoholic and HATE spider, all bugs for that matter. Cross my path and you WILL get squished!! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so much fun to read. I turned 35 two weeks ago- yipee!

    I also experience the great look of my hair at the salon...and never able to duplicate it at home...sigh...

    I hate bugs too- especially crickets- they creep me out- all that hopping! I own an iron but have not used it in about 5 years.

    Happy Birthday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I wanted to pop on here and say thank you for the birthday wishes. I love knowing that I have fellow bug-hating, chocolate loving friends with hair disappointments LOL.
    I look forward to visiting you all this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Jenn!!!!
    First of all, Yes I made it through the entire list.
    Second of all you and I would get along GREAT!
    Third of all you know a little about me already, but here's a fact: I have some sort of Anxiety Disorder! I need to get it diagnosed, but it's scary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! I'm so sorry that I missed it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL...you're right, at least you're smiling in your digital wedding picture! Not a bad picture, just looks like you're being silly because you're so happy. :) At least you have a digital picture...we got married about a year too soon for digital pictures to be all the rage for photography. Good list, by the way. And I completely know what you mean about disliking your hair...I am the same way and it is so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your list. Happy birthday!

    A little opposite than you, I always wanted a blog. I would spend hours blog hopping and just looking into the every day lives of others. I was just a little too chicken to start my own, until about a year ago. It's seriously been the best thing I've ever done. I really can't remember life before blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jenn
    I made it through your list no problem :) I was quite surprised at howmany things we have in common. In fact the first 4 points was like I was reading about me and then you lost me at the motorcycle piece. I turn 34 in a couple of weeks and I think I might do my own list for my blog if you permit me. I also wanted to tell you that I just purchased the Home Journal PDF pages and can't wait to start using them. I am a totally organized freak :) Happy Belated Birthday and you are not old!!
    Vicky (from Ottawa Cloth Diapers - www.ottawaclothdiapers.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry I missed your actual birthday WHICH IS ALSO MY BIRTHDAY!! :) I turned 33 so you win.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by April Showers for Beautiful Calling