NOTICE: I don't live here anymore!


Please visit me at http://www.beautifulcalling.ca/

Thanks to April, I have a fabulous new look and a big thank you to Flibby Pie transitioned me to Wordpress!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Official Sick Notice & Prevention Reminders

Heart-2

A Google search of 'Tune Up' revealed the following definition:
An Adjustment for Better Functioning
A search of 'Adjustment' revealed the following:
A Small Change, A Minor Correction, A Modification

What is Tune-Up Tuesday? Find out more HERE!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please accept this post as my official notice that I am sick today and will not be in. On my blog anyway. Calling in sick from mothering isn't an option. LOL. Though most days I am overjoyed to be a mother and to be able to stay at home, on rare occasions (mostly when I am sick), do I think back to those pre-baby days where being sick meant sleeping in, reading a book on the couch in PJ’s, and eating ice cream or popsicles in bed. Did anyone else ever do that?

It’s TUT and I’ve got nothing; actually that isn’t true. I’ve got a cold and I have two little ones with colds. Does that count? So I am going to ‘tune-up’ us. We’re spending the day in our jammies. We’re going to watch a video (Fox & the Hound?), drink some hot chocolate, read some books. Thankfully, comfort food is on the official menu for tonight (shepherd’s pie).

Prevention is Key; but it doesn’t guarantee you won’t get sick!

So the ‘official’ arrival of the cold season once again reminds me of the importance of a few things which can help keep you healthy.

  • Washing your hands often
  • Cough into your arm/elbow
  • Disinfecting taps, handles and knobs frequently
  • Getting enough rest
  • Get out for a walk; fresh air and exercise
  • Adequate water consumption
  • Balanced meals including plenty of fruits and veggies
  • If you or your littles have been sick; replace your toothbrush!

Amy mentioned a few things about H1N1 prevention earlier this week. If you missed it, here is the link.

So that is it. Not sure if I will be in on Friday either but I’ll see you soon.

___________________________________________________

Do you have a tune-up you are working on or completed? Link up (directly to your post) or share a comment! If you could mention TUT and link back so others can join in too, that would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by April Showers for Beautiful Calling