NOTICE: I don't live here anymore!


Please visit me at http://www.beautifulcalling.ca/

Thanks to April, I have a fabulous new look and a big thank you to Flibby Pie transitioned me to Wordpress!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall: Apple Bees, Cozy Sweaters, Colorful Leaves (and a home made hash brown recipe :)

IMG_0103

I love Fall! It is one of the finer things in life! I was a lucky winner of a fall related giveaway earlier this week at Amy’s Finer Things. Hurray!

Fall is my favorite time of year. I love crisp, fresh temperatures and cozy sweaters. I love the smell of fall, the brilliant colors of falling leaves and the crunchy sound they make beneath your feet as you head out on a fall adventure.

IMG_0107 

Home Made Hash Browns: We had breakfast for dinner; eating at 4:30pm today. It was yummy. DH made pancakes, eggs, bacon and homemade hash browns. I’ve always loved the hash browns at Denny’s but our hash browns tonight rivaled theirs! Simply grate potatoes, ring them out well in a cloth to rid them of extra water and then fry, pushing them down in the pan to get rid of the last of the moisture. Add cheese and/or ketchup.

 IMG_0109

Tonight I am curled up on our sheepskin rug (purchased from a sheep farm near my home town during a visit a couple years ago). DH lit the pilot light on the fireplace tonight and I just turned it on. Mmm…toasty!

Saturday morning a friend is hosting an apple cider bee at their farm. How fun. I know that Chloe will love it. I hope we have wonderfully sunny, crisp, clear day for it.

What is your favorite thing about fall?  What is your favorite fall activity?

5 comments:

  1. I love wearing warm clothes, drinking warm drinks and enjoy the crisp cool breeze. I think my favorite Fall activity is pumpkin picking! I'm really glad I found a place in Alberta to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like pumpkin picking too!! I don't think you ever outgrow it! Now that you're married, who gets the final say on the pumpkin? Or do you get two? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we'll need to get 2! You can bake all sorts of good treats with pumpkin! I just made chai spiced pumpkin cheesecake last night! I can't wait to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cozy in front of the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Happy HousewifeOctober 2, 2009 at 8:44 PM

    I love the picture of you in front of the fireplace! Makes me want to light ours!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by April Showers for Beautiful Calling