NOTICE: I don't live here anymore!


Please visit me at http://www.beautifulcalling.ca/

Thanks to April, I have a fabulous new look and a big thank you to Flibby Pie transitioned me to Wordpress!

Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday so far...

As of 9am on Friday, the day is shaping up to be...errr...interesting!

I was frustrated and looking all over in the garage for a tote of snowsuits.
Chloe: "What wrong, Mommy?"
Me: "Mommy is looking for something."
Chloe: Looks around intently and says, "It not here, Mommy. Sorry."

Jaiden arrives and while I am preparing their breakfasts, I notice that our tent in the back yard is completely falling down. We had crazy weather here last night and there were 8 tornados touch down in southern Ontario. DH said he heard on the news that 180+ homes were damaged and a boy died in a tent last night during the storm. Anyway, I get the littles situated for their breakfasts, tell them to stay put and go out and fix the tent. There must have been 6 litres of water pooled on the top. Once I got it back up, I looked inside and there was even more water pooled inside. I came into the house to get towels and this is what I found:


Me: "Oh, My!"
Chloe: "What dah probem, Mommy? I get more beckfass."

Super! Thank goodness for handy cameras. lol!
So I did what any good mother would do: I tossed a towel over the whole mess, turned on the T.V. for the girls, then gathered up some towels to sop up the water in the tent. No sense in crying over spilled milk lol!



All fixed and the sun today should finish it up! It's going to be a day isn't it?!?

On a happier note, I have a clothesline that I made myself. It isn't quite what I had envisioned but it is functional and didn't cost anything. It's just a rope between the swing set (thanks again, Dad!) and the fence. Isn't it doing a great job? Hurray!!


I discovered that our double air mattress leaks. We'll take it to my parents pool, find the hole and patch it. With the single air mattress, it leaks for a different reason: We lent out our single air mattress last summer or the summer before (I can't remember), it was returned and put away. Last week was our camping adventure (more on that later) and that was the first time we used it. Turns out it is missing the cap. Sadly, my cobbled together solution of a baggie and an elastic didn't hold very well. Anyone have any ideas? If I seal it completely and permenently then I won't be able to blow it up with the air compresser...

So this wasn't the post on the agenda but sometimes life is like that isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I came to visit from Homemaker Barbi's and enjoyed your story. LOL - that's exactly why I am NOT a camping person, tho my kids and grandkids LOVE it. You have my admiration! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by April Showers for Beautiful Calling