NOTICE: I don't live here anymore!


Please visit me at http://www.beautifulcalling.ca/

Thanks to April, I have a fabulous new look and a big thank you to Flibby Pie transitioned me to Wordpress!

Sunday, March 1, 2009

WHY A BLOG? A Post for My Mother!

When I first told my mother that I was starting a blog - her first response was, "Why?!? You have an awesome life with lots to do already." She didn't actually know what a blog was but to her it was synonymous with "wasting time & nothing else to do". I assure you that I have no time to waste nor am I at a loss for things to do :)

So Mom, here are a few good reasons to blog:

  • Inspire / Motivate / Encourage Others
  • Outreach
  • Motivation / Accountability
  • Source of Income (someday?)
  • Free Things to Review (if they are relevant to my life and my readers)
  • I have lots to say :)
  • And it's fun!

Let me elaborate a bit if you will:

In all that I do, first and foremost I want to bring honor and glory to God. I want to have Him be my focus each day in all that I do, say, think, and write.

I have had over 450 visitors to my site in the past 3 weeks (my entire blogs lifetime at this point). I am honored that you are reading this and I hope that something here will encourage, challenge, or motivate you to do as the Lord calls you. I have so many post ideas and things I would like to share. I am thankful for the opportunity to share with you my successes and failures along with things that I have learned and am learning.

I believe that most who visit here know the Lord, however there may be some who do not. I pray that through this blog, my life and my humble ramblings, the Lord will speak to your heart. If there is any way that I may be able to help or encourage you, please contact me at beautifulcalling@gmail.com.

This blog also blesses me, as do the comments and emails I receive. It helps keep me focused on what is truly important and it also helps to motivate me and keep me accountable at times. I've started Tune-Up Tuesday mostly for my own edification. Knowing that I've posted it out there helps me to keep focused on the area I want to work on (and accountable to finish it!). Crystal at Biblical Womanhood has been such a blessing to me for the 3+/- years I have been following her blog. Hers was the only one I read until recently. She has encouraged me in so many ways and I am not sure she knows how much her blog has helped me.

Our financial situation changes yet again this summer and we will find our family income at about 45-50% of what it was. 25-30% of that drop was unexpected and the other 25% was our choice since we feel it is important for me to raise our children. When we planned for me to be a stay-at-home mommy in this season of our lives, we hadn't expected the other income loss as well. I strive to thrive (that rhymes!) with this new challenge and using the Proverbs 31 woman as an example, I seek new ways to earn an income from home. I am so thankful for the doors that the Lord has opened thus far with Yummy Bunwiches, babysitting and Cupcakes! Once I have an established blog, I eventually hope to bring in a small income through my blog with Ebooks, sponsors and the like. For a great blog posts on the Proverbs 31 woman - you can visit Refresh Moments.

I also have found that I enjoy blogging. It is a bit of a diary and a journal. A record that I can look back on to see how far I've come; how far the Lord has brought me. I do strive to be honest in my blog. Although our natural tendency is to put our best foot forward, I don't believe that giving the "illusion of perfection" is God-honoring. I think he would rather we be real.

Blogger is free, you can try it out. Perhaps you will be able to bless others and receive a blessing as well.

So these are some reasons (and good ones I think!) to start a blog. After reading some posts, my mother agrees :) If you can think of any I missed, please it in the comments section. I would love to read it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenn,

    I'm glad you found RefreshMoments and that you'll be joining us for "Ruby Tuesdays."

    I look forward to checking back with you to see how your quest is going. (And I agree with your reasons for blogging!)

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by April Showers for Beautiful Calling